When and How to Take TiazacGeneral considerations for when and how to take this medication include the following:
- This medication comes in capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take it with or without food.
- Tiazac capsules are extended-release and should not be chewed or crushed. Be sure to swallow them whole.
If you have trouble swallowing the capsules, you can open them and sprinkle the contents onto a spoonful of applesauce. The applesauce should not be hot, and you should immediately swallow it whole (without chewing); follow the applesauce with a glass of water.
- Tiazac should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing Information for TiazacThe dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Tiazac Dosage for more information.)