Tiazac Dosage: An Introduction
The dose of Tiazac®
hydrochloride) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
General Information on Dosing With Tiazac
Considerations for people taking Tiazac include the following:
- The medication comes in capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth once daily.
- You can take Tiazac with or without food.
- Because Tiazac capsules are extended-release, they should not be crushed or chewed. Be sure to swallow them whole.
- If you have trouble swallowing the capsules, you can open them and sprinkle the contents onto a spoonful of applesauce. The applesauce should not be hot, and you should immediately swallow it whole (without chewing); follow the applesauce with a glass of water.
- Tiazac should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For Tiazac to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related your Tiazac dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.