Generic Tiazac products are sold under the name Diltiazem extended-release capsules and Taztia XT capsules. Various manufacturers (including Ethex Corporation and Watson Pharmaceuticals) make these generic products. The FDA has assigned all generic Tiazac products with an "AB" rating, meaning that the generic versions should be equivalent to the brand-name medication. However, generic medicines can have different inactive ingredients (such as fillers or dyes).
Tiazac® (diltiazem hydrochloride) is a prescription medicine used for the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension) or chest pain (known medically as angina). It is part of a group of medications called calcium channel blockers.
Tiazac is currently manufactured by Forest Pharmaceuticals. However, the patent has since expired, and generic Tiazac is now available.
Generic Tiazac capsules are available in the following strengths:
- Diltiazem extended-release 120 mg capsules
- Diltiazem extended-release 180 mg capsules
- Diltiazem extended-release 240 mg capsules
- Diltiazem extended-release 300 mg capsules
- Diltiazem extended-release 360 mg capsules
- Diltiazem extended-release 420 mg capsules.
Generic manufacturers can choose to use the standard generic name or create their own name. One manufacturer has chosen to create its own name. These products include:
- Taztia XT 120 mg capsules
- Taztia XT 180 mg capsules
- Taztia XT 240 mg capsules
- Taztia XT 300 mg capsules
- Taztia XT 360 mg capsules.
Generic Tiazac is made by various manufacturers, including Ethex Corporation and Watson Pharmaceuticals.