Tenormin Precautions and Warnings
A few precautions and warnings with Tenormin to be aware of include potential drug interactions, the risk of extreme low blood pressure or heart failure. In addition, some people should not take the medicine, such as those with serious heart failure or certain types of irregular heart rhythms. By understanding safety concerns with Tenormin, you can ensure a safe, effective treatment process.
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure, a history of heart attack, or irregular heart rhythm
- A slow heart rate
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Kidney disease
- Raynaud's phenomenon or other circulation problems
- A blood vessel disease
- Any allergies, including allergies to other beta blockers, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or trying to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Will be undergoing surgery or anesthesia.
Tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you may be currently taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, antacids, vitamins, and herbal supplements.