An Overview of Propranolol Side Effects
As with any medicine, side effects are possible with propranolol hydrochloride
). However, not everyone who takes it will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do develop, in many cases, they are minor, meaning they require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious reactions are far less common, but can still occur.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with propranolol. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Serious Side Effects of Propranolol
Some propranolol side effects should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Unexplained skin rash
- Unexplained blisters or peeling of the skin
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Unexplained swelling or sudden weight gain (see Inderal and Weight Gain)
- Chest pain
- Dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting spells
- Cold, tingling, or numbness in the hands or feet
- Irregular heartbeat.