Procardia Dosage: An Introduction
The dose of Procardia®
) your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your Procardia dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Procardia Dosing for Angina
The recommended starting Procardia dose for treating chest pain (angina
) is Procardia 10 mg three times daily. If necessary, your healthcare provider may increase your dose (up to Procardia 30 mg four times daily) to control your chest pain. The dosage can also be decreased if you experience bothersome Procardia side effects.
General Procardia Dosage Information
Some considerations for people taking Procardia include:
- Procardia comes in capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth three or four times daily.
- It does not matter if you take Procardia with or without food.
- Procardia capsules should be swallowed whole.
- Procardia should be taken at the same times each day to maintain an even level of the medicine in your blood.
- For Procardia to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Procardia will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Procardia or your Procardia dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.