Interested in a Discount on Prinivil?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
A blood pressure reading consists of two numbers -- for example, 120/80. The top number is known as the systolic blood pressure and the bottom number is the diastolic blood pressure. During clinical studies in people taking Prinivil, both systolic and diastolic blood pressures were significantly lowered. The higher the dose, the greater the drop in blood pressure tended to be. By lowering blood pressure, the medication can decrease the risks that often accompany long-term high blood pressure (see Effects of High Blood Pressure).
For people with congestive heart failure, the effects of Prinivil on the heart and blood vessels cause a decrease in the symptoms of congestive heart failure, including shortness of breath, fatigue, and swelling, along with improved exercise tolerance.
When and How Do I Take It?
General considerations for when and how to take Prinivil include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form and is taken once a day.
- You can take Prinivil with or without food.
- Your dose should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- If you have difficulty taking the tablet, talk to your pharmacist or healthcare provider about a different form of Prinivil.
- For the medication to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Prinivil will not work if you stop taking it.
The dose of Prinivil your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you are currently taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Prinivil Dosing for more information.)