Nitro-Dur Side Effects
Side Effects to ReportSome side effects of Nitro-Dur are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Worsening angina
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- A bluish discoloration of the skin (which is a sign of methemoglobinemia, a potentially serious problem)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- Unexplained swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.
Final ThoughtsYou may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any problems while using Nitro-Dur or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.