Nifedical XL Warnings and Precautions
Before taking Nifedical XL, it is important to understand the risks of the medication. Some of the Nifedical XL warnings and precautions include the possible risk of the medication making chest pain worse, potential drug interactions, and the safety of taking the drug when pregnant or breastfeeding. Nifedical XL is not suitable for everyone; you should not take the medication if you are allergic to any of the ingredients used to make Nifedical XL.
Nifedical XL: What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Nifedical XL® (nifedipine) if you have:
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Low blood pressure
- An esophageal stricture or other narrowing of the digestive tract
- An upcoming surgery
- Aortic stenosis
- Colon cancer
- A history of a bowel obstruction
- Had a gastric bypass or gastric banding surgery
- Had a section of your bowel surgically removed
- A colostomy
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- An underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism)
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.