Nifedical XL Side Effects
There are a number of more serious side effects with Nifedical XL that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider. These include, but are not limited to:
- Chest pain
- A heart attack
- Signs of very low blood pressure, such as dizziness or lightheadedness, especially when accompanied by fainting
- Severe swelling, water retention, or difficulty breathing, which may be signs of heart failure
- Depression (see Nifedical XL and Depression)
- Breast enlargement in men (gynecomastia)
- Temporary blindness
- Signs of an intestinal blockage, such as severe cramping, vomiting, constipation, or diarrhea
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including an unexplained rash, hives, itching, unexplained swelling, wheezing, or difficulty breathing or swallowing.
There are other possible Nifedical XL side effects that can occur. These rare side effects occur in 1 percent of people or less. For these side effects, it is difficult to tell whether the side effect is actually caused by the Nifedical XL medicine or other factors.
Some of these rare Nifedical XL side effects include, but are not limited to:
- Facial swelling
- Hot flashes
- Decreased sex drive
- Migraine headaches
- Increased sweating
- Hair loss
- Weight gain (see Nifedical XL and Weight Gain)
- Back pain.
It is possible that you may experience some or none of these Nifedical XL side effects explained above. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried. Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects. Also, let your healthcare provider know if you develop something that "just does not seem right." While it may not be a side effect of Nifedical XL, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.