Nifedical XL Dosage
The Nifedical XL dosage your healthcare provider recommends will be based on several factors, including the medical condition being treated and other medical conditions you have. Generally, the recommended starting Nifedical XL dose for treating high blood pressure or angina is 30 mg to 60 mg once daily. Depending on how you respond to the medication, your healthcare provider may increase or decrease your Nifedical XL dose.
Nifedical XL Dosage: An IntroductionThe dose of Nifedical XL® (nifedipine) your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your Nifedical XL dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Nifedical XL Dosing for Angina or HypertensionThe recommended starting Nifedical XL dose for treating chest pain (angina) or high blood pressure (hypertension) is Nifedical XL 30 mg to 60 mg once daily. If necessary, your healthcare provider may increase your dose (up to Nifedical XL 90 mg once daily). The dosage can also be decreased if you experience bothersome Nifedical XL side effects.
- Nifedical XL comes in tablet form. Nifedical XL is taken by mouth, usually once a day.
- It does not matter if you take Nifedical XL with or without food.
- Because Nifedical XL tablets are extended release, they should not be broken, crushed, or chewed. Be sure to swallow Nifedical XL tablets whole.
- Nifedical XL should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For Nifedical XL to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Nifedical XL will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Nifedical XL or your Nifedical XL dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.