Nifedical XL Dosage: An Introduction
The dose of Nifedical XL®
) your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your Nifedical XL dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Nifedical XL Dosing for Angina or Hypertension
The recommended starting Nifedical XL dose for treating chest pain (angina
) or high blood pressure
) is Nifedical XL 30 mg to 60 mg once daily. If necessary, your healthcare provider may increase your dose (up to Nifedical XL 90 mg once daily). The dosage can also be decreased if you experience bothersome Nifedical XL side effects
General Nifedical XL Dosage Information
Some considerations for people taking Nifedical XL include:
- Nifedical XL comes in tablet form. Nifedical XL is taken by mouth, usually once a day.
- It does not matter if you take Nifedical XL with or without food.
- Because Nifedical XL tablets are extended release, they should not be broken, crushed, or chewed. Be sure to swallow Nifedical XL tablets whole.
- Nifedical XL should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For Nifedical XL to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Nifedical XL will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Nifedical XL or your Nifedical XL dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.