Heart Disease Home > Vitamin C Overdose
If you take high doses of vitamin C, you may have symptoms such as severe diarrhea, kidney stones, and severe gastrointestinal irritation. There has also been a report of kidney failure caused by an overdose of vitamin C given by IV. Treatment for an overdose will most likely involve supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose.
- Kidney stones (especially in people prone to kidney stones)
- Severe diarrhea
- Severe gastrointestinal irritation.