Heart Disease Home > Tiazac Overdose
It is possible to take too much Tiazac. Overdose symptoms may include fainting, difficulty breathing, or fluid retention. The effects of an overdose will vary, depending on how much Tiazac was taken and whether it was taken with any other substances. Treatment options for a Tiazac overdose may include administering certain medications, "pumping the stomach," and providing supportive care.
Tiazac Overdose: An OverviewTiazac® (diltiazem hydrochloride) is a prescription medication known as a calcium channel blocker. It is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) or chest pain (angina). The effects of a Tiazac overdose will vary, depending on a number of factors, including how much Tiazac was taken and whether it was taken with any other medicines, alcohol, or drugs.
If you happen to overdose on Tiazac, seek immediate medical attention.
This may cause signs or symptoms that include:
- Difficulty breathing
- Fluid retention.
Treatment for a Tiazac OverdoseThe treatment for a Tiazac overdose will also vary. If the overdose was recent, a healthcare provider may administer certain medicines or place a tube into the stomach to "pump the stomach." Treatment may also involve supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. For example, supportive treatment options may include:
- Fluids through an intravenous line (IV)
- Medications to increase blood pressure
- Other treatments based on the complications that occur
- Closely monitoring the heart and lungs.
It is important that you seek prompt medical attention if you believe that you may have overdosed on Tiazac.