Heart Disease Home > Ranexa Dosage
Available as an extended-release tablet, Ranexa is taken twice daily to help control angina (chest pain). The specific dosage of Ranexa your healthcare provider prescribes will depend on how you respond to the medicine, other medications you are taking, and various other factors. The recommended starting amount is usually 500 mg twice daily.
An Introduction to Dosing With RanexaThe dose of Ranexa® (ranolazine) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on several factors, including:
- How you respond to the medication
- Other medications you are taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
What Is the Recommended Ranexa Dosage for Chronic Angina?The recommended starting Ranexa dosage is 500 mg twice daily. Your healthcare provider may increase the amount up to a maximum of 1000 mg twice daily if necessary to control your angina symptoms.
If you are taking certain other medications (see Ranexa Drug Interactions), the maximum recommended amount is 500 mg twice daily.
General Information on Taking RanexaSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Ranexa include the following:
- Ranexa comes in extended-release tablet form. It is taken by mouth twice a day, with about 12 hours between doses.
- You may take this medication with or without food. If it seems to bother your stomach, try taking it with a little food.
- Swallow the tablets whole; do not crush, break, chew, or dissolve them.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dose or Ranexa dosing in general, please talk with your healthcare provider or pharmacist.