Heart Disease Home > Metoprolol
Metoprolol is licensed for the treatment of high blood pressure, angina symptoms, and congestive heart failure. The medicine, which is a type of beta blocker, is available in two different forms: immediate-release and extended-release. Administering the immediate-release version following a heart attack can also help improve survival. Potential side effects of the drug include slow heart rate, dizziness, and tiredness.
- Slow heart rate
- Itching or unexplained rash
- Depression (see Metoprolol and Depression)
- Shortness of breath.
- Metoprolol and Weight Gain
- Metoprolol Sexual Side Effects
- Metoprolol and Dry Eyes
- Metoprolol and Hair Loss
- Metoprolol and Low Blood Sugar.