Heart Disease Home > Icosapent Ethyl Dosage
The standard icosapent ethyl dosage for treating high triglycerides is two capsules taken twice a day with food. Make sure to swallow the capsules whole, and do not chew or crush them. In addition to taking this medication, you should also follow your healthcare provider's recommendations for proper changes in your diet, physical activity, and alcohol consumption.
An Introduction to Your Dosage of Icosapent EthylThere is only one standard dose for icosapent ethyl (Vascepa™). As is always the case, do not adjust this amount unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Recommended Icosapent Ethyl Dosing GuidelinesThe recommended daily dose of icosapent ethyl for treating high triglycerides is 4 grams (4000 mg) a day. This should be taken as two capsules twice daily.
General Information on Taking Icosapent EthylSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with icosapent ethyl include the following:
- Icosapent ethyl comes in capsule form. It is taken by mouth twice a day with food.
- Swallow the capsules whole; do not chew, crush, dissolve, or open them.
- It is important to follow your healthcare provider's recommendations for any diet and exercise changes you need to make. Your healthcare provider may also recommend that you limit alcohol consumption to help lower your triglycerides.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or icosapent ethyl dosing in general, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.