Heart Disease Home > Heart Disease Treatments
If you have been diagnosed with heart disease, your treatment plan will depend on several factors, including:
- Your overall health
- The extent of your disease
- Your risk of problems in the future.
For some people, lifestyle changes are the only type of treatment required. These changes include:
- Following a heart-healthy eating plan
- Losing weight
- Managing stress
- Quitting smoking.
When lifestyle changes alone are not enough, medicine may be necessary. Some of the medications that are commonly prescribed for heart disease include:
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors
- Angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs).
(Click Heart Disease Treatment to learn more about the options available to you, as well as the specific goals of treatment.)