Heart Disease Home > Effient
When and How to Take EffientGeneral considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Effient include the following:
- This medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once daily.
- You can take it with or without food.
- Effient tablets should not be broken in half.
- Your healthcare provider will take into account your particular situation when recommending how long you should continue to take this medication. Some people may need to take it longer than others.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as directed. Do not stop taking it without the approval and supervision of the healthcare provider who prescribed it for you.
Dosing InformationThe recommended dose of Effient will vary, depending mostly on body weight, with smaller people needing a smaller amount. As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Side Effects of EffientJust like any medicine, Effient can cause side effects. Although some side effects of this medication are merely bothersome, some can be dangerous. In most cases, potentially serious reactions are related to the increased risk of bleeding.
- Bleeding, including dangerous internal bleeding
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol.