Heart Disease Home > Cartia XT Warnings and Precautions
You should not take Cartia XT if you:
- Are allergic to Cartia XT, diltiazem hydrochloride, or any inactive components used to make the medication. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have sick sinus syndrome and do not have a pacemaker.
- Have third- or second-degree heart block and do not have a pacemaker.
- Have low blood pressure (hypotension), with your systolic blood pressure less than 90 mmHg
- Are having a heart attack and have fluid in your lungs.
There are a number of situations in which Cartia XT should not be taken, as well as a number of precautions and warnings people should be aware of before starting the drug. However, it is possible that not all of the warnings or precautions were discussed in this article. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider about the Cartia XT warnings and precautions that may apply to you.