Felodipine Side Effects: An Introduction
As with any medicine, there are possible side effects with felodipine
). However, not everyone who takes the medication will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. When side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with felodipine. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of felodipine side effects with you.)
Side Effects of Felodipine to Report
There are a number of possible side effects with felodipine that you should report to your healthcare provider, including, but not limited to:
- Chest pain
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Signs of low blood pressure, such as dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting
- Severe swelling and water retention
- Rapid weight gain
- Depression (see Felodipine and Depression)
- High blood sugar (hyperglycemia)
- Breast enlargement in men (gynecomastia)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including an unexplained rash, hives, itching, unexplained swelling, wheezing, or difficulty breathing or swallowing.