You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Liver disease, including cirrhosis or liver failure
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Felodipine and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Felodipine and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medicines you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Felodipine for more information on this topic, including information on who should not take this medication.)
The dose your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you have
- Other medications you are currently taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Felodipine Dosing for more information.)
Felodipine can potentially interact with a number of medicines.
(Click Drug Interactions With Felodipine for more information.)