Coreg CR Warnings and Precautions
In order to minimize risks, be sure to review any warnings and precautions for Coreg CR with your healthcare provider before starting treatment. Be sure to tell your healthcare provider about all existing medical conditions you have, as Coreg CR could worsen certain conditions. You should not take this medication if you have asthma, serious liver disease, or sick sinus syndrome.
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Coreg CR® (carvedilol CR) if you have:
- Heart disease
- A slow heart rate
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Kidney disease
- An overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- Raynaud's phenomenon or other circulation problems
- A blood vessel disease
- Any allergies, including allergies to other beta blockers, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.