The usual starting Cardizem dosage for treating chest pain is 30 mg four times a day, typically taken before meals and at bedtime. If your symptoms are still not controlled, your healthcare provider can increase your dosage as needed. Cardizem dosing can also be decreased if you experience any bothersome side effects.
Cardizem Dosage: An Introduction
The dose of Cardizem® (diltiazem hydrochloride) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Cardizem Dosage for AnginaThe recommended starting dose of Cardizem for chest pain (angina) is 30 mg four times daily (before meals and at bedtime). If necessary, your healthcare provider may increase your dose to better control your chest pain. The dosage can also be decreased if you experience bothersome Cardizem side effects.
General Information on Dosing With Cardizem
Considerations for people taking Cardizem include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth three or four times daily.
- Cardizem is usually taken before meals and at bedtime.
- The medication should be taken at the same times each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For Cardizem to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Cardizem or your Cardizem dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.