Brilinta Side Effects
Some side effects with Brilinta are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Shortness of breath (although shortness of breath is a common side effect of Brilinta and is not usually dangerous, your healthcare provider should still make sure this symptom is not caused by other, more serious problems)
- Signs of bleeding, such as:
- Unusual bruising (bruises that develop without known cause or grow in size)
- Blood in the urine
- Blood in the stool (usually seen as red or black stools)
- Bleeding gums
- Bleeding from cuts that takes a long time to stop
- Menstrual bleeding or vaginal bleeding that is heavier than normal
- Coughing up blood
- Low blood pressure
- Vomiting blood or material that looks like coffee grounds
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing.
You may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking Brilinta. Also, let your healthcare provider know if you develop something that "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.