Betapace Side Effects
Some Betapace side effects are serious -- even life-threatening -- and should be reported to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Signs of a new or worsening arrhythmia, such as dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, or a rapid heart rate
- Signs of heart failure, such as rapid weight gain, swelling of the hands and feet, and shortness of breath
- A slow heart rate (bradycardia)
- Worsening of asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such asL
- Unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.
Rare Betapace Side Effects
Some side effects of Betapace were less commonly reported (in 1 percent to 4.1 percent of people). Thus, it may be difficult to tell whether they are actually caused by the medication or other factors. These less common reactions included but were not limited to:
- Muscle pain
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain)
- Back pain
- Mood changes
- Flushing or hot flashes
- Sexual problems (no specific problems mentioned).
You may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried. Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking Betapace or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.