Some considerations for people taking Betapace include the following:
- Betapace comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth one to three times a day.
- If necessary, your pharmacist can make a syrup using the tablets. This is especially useful for young children who cannot swallow tablets.
- You can take a Betapace dose either with a meal or on an empty stomach.
- Betapace should always be started within a hospital or a similar facility, where the heart can be continuously monitored until you have reached a steady dosage for at least three days.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Betapace will not work if you stop taking it.
- In general, this medication should not be stopped suddenly, as serious problems (including heart attacks) may result.
- If you are unsure about anything related to dosing with Betapace, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.