Amiodarone Premixed Injection
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Heart disease, such as congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Had a heart attack in the past two years
- Lung disease or breathing problems
- Heart rhythm problems (other than the problem for which you are using amiodarone premixed injection)
- A very slow heart rate (bradycardia)
- A pacemaker
- Thyroid problems
- Plans to have surgery, including eye surgery or dental surgery
- Been told you have low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Nexterone and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Nexterone and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Amiodarone Premixed Injection to learn more, including information on who should not use the drug.)