Amiodarone Premixed Injection Dosage
General Information on Using Amiodarone Premixed InjectionSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with amiodarone premixed injection include the following:
- This medication comes as a liquid that is given as a slow injection into a vein (an intravenous, or IV, infusion). The injection is usually given through a tube inserted into a large vein in the chest.
- You will receive this medicine in the hospital, where you will be closely monitored. You may need to remain in the hospital for one to three weeks.
- Once your arrhythmia is stable, your healthcare provider may switch you over to amiodarone tablets. Make sure you understand the instructions for correctly using these tablets.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. Do not stop using this medication until your healthcare provider tells you to do so, as your irregular heartbeat may return.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or amiodarone premixed injection dosing in general, please talk with your healthcare provider or pharmacist.